The Many Facets Of The Spirit
- The Spirit was present when Adam and Eve were cast out of Eden.
- The Spirit of the Lord was present when Jesus angrily turned over the tables of the moneychangers.
- The Spirit of the Lord causes deep divisions (Luke 12:51-53).
- The Spirit convicts mankind of sin (John 16:7-8).
- The Spirit brings conflict within the believer.
Satan Is Alive And Well……In Our Churches
Don’t Forget To Remember
Our Greatest Blessing
Read Luke Chapter 10
Lk 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” 18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
I have a tendency to want some occasional proof that I am one of God’s children. That largely stems from the lingering effects of an insecure childhood. So, whenever the Lord shows me something which affirms my relationship with Him, I rejoice. He does so quite often, even though I’ve had enough proof to last a lifetime, and He is under no obligation to satisfy my continued insecurities. Even if I didn’t have some life’s markers, in which God made Himself very real to me, I would still have the written word. He cannot deny Himself. We can always count on His word to be trustworthy.
2Ti 2:13 if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself
As I said earlier, each time He shows Himself to me, or even shows up in some special way in the life of someone I know, I rejoice. Those times are special times of joy and comfort. I do like to rejoice over the miracle of a changed heart. I see that occasionally in this ministry. This is quite a lengthy introduction to come to the main point. Our greatest blessing is that our names are written in Heaven! We have every right to rejoice over other events, and other blessings. It would be almost impossible to ignore them. For example, my family is a tremendous blessing. Today is my wedding anniversary, and I must thank God for placing a very special woman in my life.
I could make a long list of blessings, and rejoice over each one of them. But none of them would be as important or as special as the one mentioned in this scripture passage. If I had no other blessing but this one, it would be enough. My name is written in Heaven! You have the same promise; your name is written in Heaven. You would not be reading this if the Spirit were not alive and active in your life. No matter how strongly our enemy has tried to make you feel like a spiritual orphan, he cannot change the truth. No matter how strongly he has tried to make you feel like God doesn’t love you and accept you, and how often he may guilt you over your same-sex attractions, the fact remains. Those who have accepted Jesus as their Savior are children of God. Rejoice that your name has been written in Heaven.
Prayer: Thank You for this truth! Thank You that I, and others, have been reconciled to You through the blood and body of Your Son. We rejoice that our names are written in Heaven!!
Residents Of The Funny Farm
An Undeniable Responsibility
Afraid Of What!
Loving The Sinner
- Mt 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. – Oh, this is so hard to do! I find it difficult to love some of our politicians who seem to have no regard for Christ and His word. Most of them are opposed to God’s views about marriage, sexual perversion, adultery, and of course homosexuality. Nevertheless, we must allow God to love them through us.
- Jude 1:22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. – We have a small measure of influence over a few people. We have an obligation to help our brothers and sisters find their way out of sinful behavior. Perhaps some of our friends will have receptive hearts.
- Col 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. – There are many instructions listed in this passage that we can and must do. We won’t discuss all of them, but let us mention one of them – forgiveness. This is another difficult one. It is hard for us to forgive those we believe are anti-Christ and anti-Christians. It becomes a little easier when we think of all the evils for which we have been forgiven.