Hurting Families and Gay Marriage
We’re concerned for hurting families and counsel them on how to deal with relationships with their gay children, and their own pain they’re going through. We’ll be having a special focus on families at our upcoming conference Hope Rising. Today I share about a request for guidance on an invitation to a gay wedding.
Outline of bible study leader mentioned in the video:
What does God’s Word have to say about Homosexuality?
Romans 1:24-27, 32
“Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.” v24
“Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lust. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.” v26
“In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.” v27
“Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things, but also approve of those who practice them.” v32
How are Believers to respond and act toward Homosexuals?
1. Pray, Pray, Pray for them. Gently let them know you are praying.
2. Make sure they know Jesus as Savior. (Heb. 5:9) “He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him.”
3. Make sure they know God’s command & design for marriage. (Gen 1:27)
4. Love the person, not the behavior. (1 John 3:16) “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.”
5. Show kindness, respect, love, grace. (Gal. 5:22) love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.”, (Gal 6:1) “caught in sin, restore him gently”
6. Do everything possible to hold on to family relationships, communications and the family bond. (Luke 15:11-32) Parable of the Prodigal Son
According to Romans 1:32, as a believer, participating in their ceremonies of marriage, bridal showers, anniversaries etc., would appear visibly approving, condoning, accepting, and encouraging the behavior of homosexuality. Respectfully decline such invitations because of your obedience to the Word of God.